Friday, October 28, 2005

More dealings with the devil

Quick backstory:

I find out today that my boss redirected almost a half million dollars in loan business that I had brought in to not only a different employee but a different branch altogether. You see, I'm covering at a branch which is not my regular branch therefore any business I do out there is attributed to that branch. My boss doctored the loan files to reflect origination from HER branch and HER FSR (Financial Services Rep).

Somehow I mananged to send an e-mail that didn't completely reflect my immense amount of disgust:

Ms. [name removed]:


It has recently come to my attention that the above referenced HELOC that I keyed in and originated was recently transferred from my name and employee number to [employee's name removed] by you.

It has also come to my attention that you have been contacting my client and “apologizing for [greeneyes] dropping the ball” on his loan and informing him that “[greeneyes] has left the bank”.

Allow me to remind you that I most certainly do still work for this bank and in no way, shape, or form have I dropped the ball with this client. In fact, I have been working very hard and diligently on this loan as well as the relationship with this client, a relationship which I have been cultivating for months. It is hardly fair to roguely decide that another employee at a completely different branch should receive credit for the immense amount of hard work I have put forth.

Not only is it unfair, it is unethical as well. Please allow me to remind you that the following is found in the [Bank's name removed] Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, which every employee is given at the time of their hire:

"The books, records, and accounts of [banks' name removed] must accurately and fairly reflect the company's transactions and operations."

I have since corrected your flagrant act and changed the loan to correctly reflect both my name and cost center. Your actions are an example of blatant disregard for ethical and professional behavior and I want to assure you that this is not the last time we will be discussing this subject.


The kicker is, since she didn't bother to show up for work today, it may be awhile before she receives and responds.

/rant

No comments: