Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Not So Sweet Deal

So my OB called me yesterday and it turns out, I failed my gestational diabetes screening test. So apparently all of the effort I have put into eating healthy was a waste - I could have been eating french fries and ice cream this whole time, damnit!

In all honesty I have a feeling that my "slightly elevated" numbers are directly related to the fact that they tested me the day after Halloween. So thanks to the splurge I let myself have because I had been good all week and eaten mostly fruits and vegetables, I get to take part in the three hour glucose challenge tomorrow morning. This will involve drinking a sugar syrup concoction and then having multiple blood draws performed every hour - yay for the human pin cushion!

In other news, it appears there are now certain areas of my body that I am no longer able to see. Hopefully Mr. L will appreciate the lengths I went to in order to obtain optimum smoothness and reward accordingly, if you know what I mean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought I was going to fail my gestational test too because I ate a mint prior to going in, and I was freaking *starved* - I wasn't allowed to for 12 hours beforehand, and then they kept me waiting an additional 2 hours. /sigh I think you're right though; yours are probably only elevated because of the previous day.

And for the smoothness? heehee, my hubs had to help me out with that after about the 30th week when I just couldn't be bothered contorting anymore. LOL