Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Fringe Benefits


Apparently there were more benefits to dating a professional drinker in college than I was at first aware. To be fair, I would no longer classify my ex as a professional drinker but back in the day... yeeeeeeah.

Anyways, said ex and I moved to Charlotte together with all of our stuff and when things didn't work out a few months later, he moved back to the Midwest. While he didn't leave much more behind than my stuff and a dozen roses, one thing he did leave behind was a box marked "Bar Stuff." A cursory glance led me to assume it was nothing more than the ornamentation he used to adorn his bar and nothing more. I was a little hurt when he said he didn't want it back as some of the books and specialty pourers were gifts from me, but in the end it made little difference.

And so the box sat in my den, waiting for me to decide if I would place it in my attic or toss it to the curb to be picked up with the trash. I opened the box today to see if there was a blacklight in there (so I can find all of the cat piss locations) and found none other than a WASP-ish delight: liquor. And we're not talking just cheap stuff (although dude, McCormick vodka suuuuuuuucks) as there was also some fine selections of Bacardi, Smirnoff, and Cuervo.

So thanks, ex professional drinker boyfriend. Tonight, I drink to you.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

millereb said...

I may have bought all those bottles of liquor, but please don't imply that I was the only one drinking out of them. Some of that was bought specifically to make drinks for my ex so that she wouldn't have to drink Keystone Light. :-P

Also, when you called and asked me if I wanted any of that stuff, I too was thinking it was merely a bunch of lights and cheap decor. I forgot I put all my pour spouts and drink book in there as well... is it too late to ask for those back? What about my kick-ass bottle opener and chrome mixer set?

By the way.. I would NOT drink that amaretto, pinapple liquer, or whatever is behind the Smirnoff... and I'm pretty sure lime juice isn't supposed to be red-orange.

greeneyes said...

The only stuff I'm claiming is the Bacardi Razz, the vanilla Smirnoff, and Rose's Lime Juice (which is green, by the way... not sure why it showed up red-orange in the photo).

The tequila, amaretto (which I would never in a million years drink anyways) and the other random drinks were not ever consumed by me. :-)

You are more than welcome to the drinking games book, the mixer and the pour spouts, they're yours and I have no use for them. However, this would require a trip to Charlotte as I'm a cheap bastard. :-p

I don't know anything about a kick-ass bottle opener, I haven't seen it in any of the stuff I've gone through so far.

Does this mean you'll be wanting the margarita pitcher, glasses, and mix back? Because god knows I ain't touchin' THAT shit.